Thursday 18 July 2013

So... I'm back.

After a very, very long hiatus from the social media profiles I used back at Brock for my teacher education program, I'm back.  So much has happened over the last year and a bit that have brought me to where I'm at now:  on the verge of being the kindergarten teacher in a classroom at a daycare that I've spent lots of time working at since 2010.  I'm overjoyed, I'm nervous, I'm terrified... but mostly, I'm excited for a new challenge.  To be honest, after graduating from Brock I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.  I took some time to myself, reconnected with my family and friends, and then went back to work as a supply teacher at the daycare I'd been working at for a few years and was eventually hired on to work in an infant room, which is where I've been since last September.  Over the last few months I really wasn't sure if teaching was for me anymore... I didn't know if I had lost my passion, if my passion was ever really truly for teaching, and if I needed to consider a different career path altogether.  However, I was offered the position of kindergarten teacher and I couldn't pass up the opportunity - to work alongside an ECE I know is amazing, to stay in the building and with the organization I have come to know as a second home, and to go back to the age-group I had thought I wanted to teach from the get-go was too perfect to just let go because I was scared.

So, here I am.  A few weeks away and I will be embarking on my first year as a Certified Teacher in a recognized, licensed Early Learning Kindergarten Program.  I couldn't be more excited for the challenge!  Stay tuned to see how it all pans out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment