Friday 17 February 2012

Fabulous 4s!

Yesterday I had my first Observation Day at my new placement in a Grade 4 classroom.  This is what I was greeted with:
First of all, I have my own little desk!  Like a real teacher!  But second of all, and most importantly, the little Valentine's package and card are from the Kindergarteners I taught in my first placement!  My first associate teacher really knows how to make a Teacher Candidate feel like a real teacher that did make an impact :)  I hope I can one day do this for an aspiring teacher!  It's one more thing that reminds me that I am in the right profession and that I CAN do this.

In other news, I absolutely adore my new placement - the Grade 4s are so sweet and have shown a genuine interest in having me in their classroom.  My new associate teacher is phenomenal.  She's so nice, organized, and really cares about her students and helping me become a better teacher.  She's already offered me the chance to teach my first lesson next Friday and I can't wait!  We'll be doing an art activity of some sort, not exactly sure of what yet but I'm excited to figure it out and give it a try.  

Every day I'm reminded that through learning about teaching and learning to become a teacher, I'm becoming a better student as well.  So, let the learning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment